Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkin.


We went to pick out a pumpkin to carve for Halloween. We were kind of in a hurry, so we went to the grocery store instead of a pumpkin patch and they weren't super cheap there. But, Jameson insisted he needed four pumpkins. I convinced him to stop at three. (Growing up, pumpkin carving in my family merely involved drawing my desired face on my pumpkin, and my dad would do the rest. This kept me from getting any pumpkin goo on me ;) Thank you, Dad.) Now, after experiencing this ritual with Jameson, I realize that pumpkin carving is a VERY serious task for him. Here are some photos of Jameson, the skilled pumpkin carver, with pumpkin number 1:

This boy has more pumpkin carving tools than anyone I've ever seen. I didn't even know we owned any...


As you can see in the picture of the two of us, Jameson's pumpkin wasn't anywhere near being finished when I was done with mine. No, he stayed up until some 3 am to finish carving this masterpiece. Unfortunately we don't have the final pictures because all of the pumpkins rotted too quickly. But, Jameson did take me to a pumpkin patch last week in Half Moon Bay after all of this, and he got another pumpkin. We shall see what he creates. This is the magic number 4. It should be good.


No comments: