We went to Berkeley Bowl this weekend and I found kumquats, which you don't see often enough. Dad and I used to get them each time I'd come home from working out at the batting cages in San Marcos at a little produce stand. Maybe my favorite fruit.
Anyways, we got kumquats and I was raving about them to Jessie, so she tried one. She proceeded to make probably the best sour face I've ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing.
---
I'm getting the fishing gear out, as the season is upon us and Golden Gate Park has a casting pond upon which one can practice. Anyways, I had taken out my fly box to show Jessie (she's never seen flies before)."Is that a bug?" "How much did all those cost?" (I assured her that I'd accumulated them over the last decade, and that my dad had provided them - sometimes willingly, other times ignorantly). I showed her that they're made from thread and feathers, so she touched one. I explained that they get re-used over and over, to which she replied "Eww, so I just touched something that has been in a fish's mouth? Nasty".
1 comment:
Hey, friend--I just found your blog. I thought of you a couple weeks ago when we walked around Stanford campus (my aunt lives in Palo Alto 5 minutes from campus). Hope you and your beautiful wife are doing well.
Post a Comment