Monday, January 26, 2009

Mixed Feelings

I have been hating my job lately. I know that's harsh. I can hear my mom's voice in my head telling me, "Jessie, you don't hate anything!" Okay, maybe she's right. BUT, my kids have been really trying my patience ever since we got back from Christmas break; they've been so rowdy! And I just lost my favorite little girl who had been progressing tremendously! And I have been completely overwhelmed by the endless amount of paperwork I have been required to turn in because of my school's PI status. (They wonder why they have problems with teacher retention!?!) Anyway, today I had an observation-debrief with my principal after school and she told me how much she loves coming into my classroom, and that she sees me already on my way to becoming a master teacher--which she said is really surprising since this is only my second year. It made me feel better because I've never heard her give anyone any verbal praise. She told me that if I come back next year, she wants me to take over the grade level leadership position to help our 4th grade team along. We will see.

My kids were also FINALLY good again today. I gave every child a Gold Star--they earn them up for a monthly reward. I don't know what I'll end up doing next year, if I'll return to teaching or not, but it's good to be noticed--especially when you're feeling MAXED OUT!

Oooh, and the day started off so wonderfully because my favorite little boy, German, gave me two bracelets that he and his mom handmade for me. I wore one of them all day--I think it's my new good luck charm ;)

3 comments:

Hazzy said...

One word for you:
Performance Enhancing Drugs. Balco is just up the road.

Unknown said...

Jessie, you are so amazing and I am sure that no matter what you decide to do you can rest assured knowing you have made an impact on the lives of many along the way! I cannot wait to get together soon!

Katie B. said...

Congrats, Jessie! I get maxed out by kids sometimes, too, but I have another teacher with me who can take over when I need a break. You're a trooper.