Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. Whenever I go to the dentist, my hygienist always tells me, “Jessica, you have such great home care!” This gives me great intrinsic satisfaction. I’m kind of obsessed with taking care of my teeth. I’m sure I get this from my dad. He was always reminding my sisters and I to brush our teeth when we were little—but hey, I didn’t need the reminders.
2. I still wear my retainers. I guess that goes with number one.
3. I always think I’m going to be bad at things. When I went to Berkeley, I was pretty sure I was going to flunk out. I worried about this for pretty much all of my summer vacation. Instead I got straight A’s the entire time I was there.
4. I have a wonderful mother-in-law, and I feel so blessed for this. I’ve heard horror stories about mother-in-laws. It’s pretty much like this: If there were a bunch of fabulous mother-in-laws standing in a line and I had to pick one, I’d pick Jameson’s mom.
5. I am so so grateful to have Jenn as my big sister. She is one of the best people I’ve ever met in my life. You know how some people are just really really good and pure? Yep, that’s her. I love her with all my heart. I’m not sure where I’d be without her example.
6. I recently started a new dance class at Stanford called Zumba and I LOVE it. I pretty much dance around the house all day long because of it. It makes me really happy.
7. I am really proud of the way my classroom looks—though it wasn’t me that made it look so great; it was my husband.
8. I think I have undiagnosed OCD. I know lots of girls say this but I seriously triple check if I set my alarm, locked the door, turned off the straightening iron etc. etc. even if I just checked.
9. My body says it’s time for bed right around 9:00 pm. And I obey. I feel like an old lady, but I just get SO TIRED.
10. I had never gotten a speeding ticket until a year ago. I felt so mortified. I cried for a really long time after that.
11. Ever since receiving that ticket, I freak out if Jameson goes over the speed limit even by a mile! He kind of gets a lot of tickets and I am ultra paranoid! I also see policemen EVERYWHERE now.
12. In high school I used to be obsessed with being tan. Now I am extremely white. My priorities have changed apparently.
13. I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints while I was at Berkeley after attending that church and really studying the doctrine for about 4 years all by myself. Most people did not approve of this decision. I have never looked back.
14. I worry a lot. I usually come to realize, though, that most of my worries are irrational.
15. I really really love my husband. I call him a Renaissance Man because he is extremely talented at everything he tries.
16. I try to not be influenced by other people.
17. I get sick a lot. I’m pretty convinced that not teaching would help alleviate this problem.
18. Every single piece of writing I ever produced in college was revised by yours truly (and her older sister) about 20 times. No joke. I owe my older sister a lot.
19. I wish I had more patience. I’m trying to cultivate this virtue.
20. I am extremely sensitive. I get this from my mom. She is so sweet. There was one time when she was watching an Oprah special about these little children in Africa and I walked into the living room and saw tears rolling down her cheeks.
21. I get really mad at my husband when he wrestles me too roughly. I wish there was a boy for him to wrestle. I grew up with all girls (my mom and my two sisters) and a gentle father so I’m not used to this!
22. I love staying in fancy hotels. I don’t know why I have this fetish, but I do. I just love hotels.
23. When I was little my mom used to make my sister and I Valentines—not those cheap-y ones you buy at the store. I’m talking doilies, glitter, etc. etc. All of my thoughtfulness I attribute to my mom.
24. I have a huge sweet tooth. (Ya, great homecare but not very much self-control when it comes to candy!) My parents didn’t buy sweets and I don’t think we ever really had desert so I’m not quite sure how this happened—my other sisters are normal—but I love sweet things. I want a piece of candy literally after every meal.
25. I don’t really know how to load a dishwasher because I’ve never had one. Every time I help someone out with loading one I feel like I’m messing up.
1 comment:
These facts are all so fun! I want to hear more about your dance class. And I sympathize with the sweet tooth. I want candy right now.
Post a Comment