I had this conversation yesterday with a student's older sister. The two girls always stay after school to help me clean up & sharpen pencils; they are total sweethearts.
Student's sister: Mrs. Haslam, I love how clean your classroom is. My classroom is so dirty.
Me: Really, how come your class is dirty?
Student's sister: Well, my teacher never cleans it. She sits at her desk during the day and goes on her myspace and chats with people and looks for houses while we do worksheets.
Outrageous!!! (So there are definitely some not so good things about my school--okay that might be putting it too nicely--but I've never heard something quite like this before). This makes me so mad!!!
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean. My new student teaching placement has been so eye-opening. I have had to challenge myself not to fall victim to becoming lazy because other teachers are because they believe the students just don't care, so why should they? It infuriates me that people think that way. Way to go, Jessie, for not giving in! You are such an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment