Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sweet Noe Evelyn is now 11 months old. I am absolutely in love with her and my life as her mom! We have so much fun together. When we moved to Boston I was excited, but I pictured myself being pretty sad for a while, knowing that I'd be out of my comfort zone, away from family and friends. I couldn't have been more wrong. We've now been out here for 3 months and we are all so happy. I have the best little companion to go on all sorts of adventures with and it is just the best feeling ever to have her by my side (meaning in the shopping cart, baby carrier or stroller). Below are some photos from our adventures of late.



 Noe finally loves to eat all kinds of solid foods! Blackberries, blueberries, cuties (mandarins), and hummus are her current faves. She is so adorable when she feeds herself, which she's really into lately!

 Jameson recently acquired his "dream chair" and ottoman from Restoration Hardware, though he got it off of craigslist. He basically stole it, it was so cheap. He has deemed it "the best purchase he has ever made in his life"--which cracks me up. Noe loves it almost as much as dad!

Noe and Oso continue to be best buds. Oso can be credited with moving Noe into the next stage of development: crawling.  She didn't army crawl at all, and was pretty uninterested for a while there, but once she was able to see Oso from that angle, it changed her life! We just put her down by him and she was crawling in no time. She now moves so fast, she'll disappear to a new room before I know it. I'm constantly calling "Noe? Noe?" throughout the apartment so I can find her quicker.


 Noe is quite loved, as most babies are. Especially when they're the first grandchild/niece. She receives presents on an almost weekly basis from her fan club (Grandmas, Aunties and friends of mine, who are really truly like aunties anyways). I never knew how loved we were before having Noe. People are so incredibly thoughtful and generous. Noe is especially lucky to have her Auntie Jenn as her stylist. The above jacket is one from Jenn and is tres adorbs!

 Noe pulls up on anything and everything--including her crib. She's a mover and a shaker for sure!

Although I haven't seen her little trick in a long while, Noe has a special talent of rolling her tongue two ways! She actually did this for the pediatrician while we were at her 9 mos. well baby check (she had been doing it for weeks but felt like she wanted to perform for the doctor!) The pediatrician thought it was the cutest little thing. She was telling me how kids will sometimes do this both ways, but she's never known a baby to do it like Noe in her 30 years of practicing medicine!

Every Saturday Noe, dad and Oso go on adventures. Sometimes I come. But most of the time I sleep ;) Here she is all bundled and happy after taking a little trek.

 Noe is very busy. It's often hard for me to snap pictures of her face because she's so focused on what she's doing. She's always thinking really hard. She reminds me of Jameson in this way. ;)

 She is one happy little doll.

 Noe continues to love her books. Almost as much as her mommy. When she's sad, it's either me, the books, or Oso that will do the trick.

 She's my favorite little buddy. It's so special how a sweet little baby can bring smiles to the faces of total strangers.

 Dad does an excellent job bundling baby Noe to protect her from the cold.


  

We had a wonderful Easter. Noe Evelyn was sent a very special Easter outfit from her Grand Aunt Evelyn (Aunt "E")--her namesake. She looked like a baby doll that came to life. 

We're all very excited the sun is now out! Spring is truly turning out to be everything everyone said it would be. I love watching the flowers bloom. It's fun to finally be experiencing true seasons. The people have been so kind and friendly here and we're slowly but surely discovering our new "favorite places."















4 comments:

Katie B. said...

Hooray for more pictures! She is totally adorable. I agree--being a mom is awesome. It's fun to have a buddy to do things with, and it really does make everyone more open to talking with you.

Daisy said...

I can't stop looking at the photos of Noe!! She is such a treasure. Miss you all and much love.

Joe said...

Noe is absolutely the most beautiful baby. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your new adventures! We'll be in Virginia come June and we're excited for our own East Coast adventures :)

Alice said...

what a cute little lady. So glad that you're enjoying motherhood so much!