Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy...


Last week I received a small package from my older sister in LA with a darling little new dress in it mailed with a sweet note attached: "Mom and I were shopping last weekend and each bought one of these dresses. We thought you'd like one too!" (That was before my little accident). Then today I had another package at my doorstep (again from LA)--a care package from my mom and older sister Jenn--with a bunch of my favorite things in it, including Johnson's 'no more tears' baby shampoo. My mom used this on us girls when we were little. The smell still brings me back to all of my bathtime fun and reminds me of my mom's tenderness and care. The message is appropriate. No more tears, just "sunshine and happy times" as the Care Bear on the card tells me are coming my way...

I love my family. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."- Marcel Proust

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love that your mom sent you this. I have washed all my boys hair with this and I adore the smell. What I great mom you have.